RIDER SUPPORT PROGRAM INFORMATION
Please take the time to read through this page prior to submitting your request, as it will walk you through the process and answer most of your questions about the program. After reviewing this page, please contact our office in Corona should you need any additional information.
August 15th – October 31st
We would love to accept everyone for sponsorship, unfortunately there are a limited number of spots available. Requests will not be considered after October 31st, no exceptions.
HOW TO JOIN THE PACK
ProTaper will accept a request one of three ways, please do not do attempt multiple submissions:
1. Submit a digital resume through www.MXSponsor.com
2. Email a copy of your own personal resume. Please note that the majority of our interaction back to you will be via email, so include a valid address on your request or it will not be processed.
3. Mail a hard copy of your personal resume. Again, the majority of our interaction back to you will be via email, so include a valid address on your request or it will not be processed.
OPTION 1: MXSponsor.com
Please log onto www.MXSponsor.com and follow the steps to sign up. Once your account and resume have been created, locate ProTaper to send a request. This is the quickest and easiest way for our staff to review your information.
OPTION 2: EMAILING YOUR PERSONAL RESUME
If you choose to build your own resume:
1. We go through thousands of resumes each season, so be as informative as possible but keep it short and concise.
2. Please submit a neatly typed and organized resume. USE SPELLING AND GRAMMAR CHECK!
3. One of the most important elements to your resume is including your contact information. Name, address, phone number and email address will be required to be considered for sponsorship. Please have this information clearly on your resume. The majority of our interaction will be electronic this season, so please provide a valid email address.
4. These are some key areas that we would like you to include in your resume:
- Brief bio (age, class for the upcoming season, how you got started, projected race schedule, etc).
- Your current report card (if you are still in school). We value the school results as high as the race results.
- Career highlights.
- Current year race results we do not need every moto finish of every race you have entered, please keep it simple.
- 1-4 photos will be sufficient. A head shot and couple action shots will work just fine.
OPTION 3: MAILING YOUR RESUME
Use the same guidelines as the emailed resume above, but instead mail in a hard copy to the below address:
Attn: Rider Resume
1055 Montecito Dr
Corona, CA 92879
THE NEXT STEP
You should expect an e-mail response within a few weeks of submitting your request for sponsorship. This is a very busy time of year for the rider support team, so please be patient and allow sufficient time for your resume to be reviewed. Once you receive a response, you will need to follow the instructions included in that e-mail.
LEVELS OF SPONSORSHIP
There are 3 basic levels that make up our rider support program:
1. The PT Pack primary support level is the 50% off retail program. This program allows riders to get a deep discount on our products and start what we hope will be a long-term relationship that takes the rider up through the ranks. This program applies to regional amateur racers as well as pros trying to make their mark in Supercross.
2. There are a select few that receive a limited amount of free product from Pro Taper. Typically these are the top supported amateur riders that are consistently finishing up front at the national level and gain a significant amount of publicity. We also support a small amount of deserving professional privateers through this program as well.
3. The next level is being one of our elite riders or on one of our professional teams, such as Nate Adams or the Rockstar Makita Suzuki Team. The goal is to graduate the riders up through each level of our program. The number of spots available narrow at each level, as the programs become more exclusive.
We encourage all serious racers to submit a request for sponsorship. We would love to sponsor you all, but it is just not possible. We look for the whole package in our riders, not just the one that is winning every race. We recommend that you race as much as possible, work hard, never give up and be a solid representative for your family and sponsors-on and off the race track. These key features will take you a long way in life and will most likely land you a spot on our team as well. If you do not earn a sponsorship with us, do not get discouraged, keep your head up high and focus on your goals.